Monday, March 16, 2015

Damon Dash . . . You Are Cordially Invited



The internet is still buzzing from Dame Dash’s interview on The Breakfast Club on Friday with Charlemagne The God and DJ Envy.  Dame basically s#!% on their lives because they have a boss. 

"I hustle for my last name, not for my first."
Ouch! Shout out to everybody who is employed out there!!! He came for you . . . us!

The initial clip that everyone posted and reposted over the weekend paints Dame as the "bad guy", snapping again. He was there to promote his newest project, an independent film, Loisadas, but the conversation kept getting off-track. The radio personalities kept trying to ask him about his former partner, Jay-Z. 

He let them have it and the full interview shows more of why. Dame reminded us that the old Roc-A Fella days are over 15 years ago and he felt that rehashing questions about that time and entertaining gossip was disrespectful. It no doubt struck a nerve. 

Frankly, I thought that it was cool that he talked to them about the mindset and mentality of a "boss", but I also thought it was too extreme to challenge the guys' manhood simply because they don't share the same world view. 

"Calling another man boss is like calling him Daddy"!

"Jobs are for people who are too lazy to invest in themselves"

"Real men don't talk about other men"


So how could someone who does that get invited? Well,  many of you know I have a fabulous soiree . . . in my mind . . . attended by all my favorite celeb friends. Dame is invited because it's no fun if everyone thinks the same. I actually really like when I am at a get together and happen upon a lively discussion/debate about anything from the trivial and the important.  

He's also invited because he makes a good points. 
- In today’s society, with user-friendly technology the internet it is easier than ever for the average yo to be a boss.
- Working a 9 to 5 everyday just to have to ask someone when you can take a vacation or a sick-day does make you feel like less than a (wo)man.
- A Good Woman Makes Everything Better. 

Most importantly, he is invited BECAUSE he's a boss.  I need more people like that in my life.  I really admire people who set out to do it their own way. Dame's career has certainly had it's highs and lows, but, who better to learn from that someone who 's experienced both. Someone who picks himself up and keeps on grinding.

So, Damon Dash, You Are Invited! The invitation has already been sent, simply awaiting a reply. 

Oh, and uh, . . . I Promise We Won't Bring Up Jay-Z. He'll be there anyway,

Peace (and Prosperity),
CD

If you haven't seen it. Catch the full interview here.





1 comment: